Sunday, October 30, 2011

Homemade Coffee Creamer and Pumpkin Cream Cheese

Today my friend pinned a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Creamer!! I was so excited to see this because pumpkin spice creamer is my favorite and for some reason I haven't been able to find it in my local grocery stores.


I went to the blog and found a source for many more coffee creamer recipes! Deliciously Organic has a list of great sounding coffee creamers, and I believe they are all organic! I decided to try the Honey Vanilla Creamer and share it with you all today.

Here's the recipe I used

1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup raw honey
2 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the milk, heavy cream and honey in a pan whisking until it starts to steam. Pull off the heat and add the vanilla extract. Pour into a jar and chill in the fridge.

That's it! Can you believe it, so so simple. I also made the pumpkin spice creamer from her blog and they both turned out so delicious!!

Next time I make them I'll try and cut out some of the fat by using skim milk, etc. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I love being able to make my own creamer. It's a huge MUST have in our house so any way to make it fresher and cheaper I'm all over it!


Another recipe I wanted to share with you all was also something I came across on pinterest. It's called Pumpkin Cream Cheese!


I saw this recipe and had to try it since my husband and I both love anything pumpkin. This is definitely a keeper. It almost tastes like pumpkin pie filling on a bagel. Goes great in the mornings with a pumpkin spice coffee! I originally got the recipe from this blog. Here's how I made it.

8 oz of 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened
1/2 cup pumpkin puree - not pumpkin pie filling, make sure you get the plain puree
1/4 cup granulated sugar (I used a little more after tasting it. I wanted mine sweet.)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Combine cream cheese and pumpkin puree in a mixer (or use a hand mixer) until uniform in color and there are no more cream cheese clumps. Add sugar until dissolved/incorporated. Then add the rest of the spices. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl and give it another spin. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.


I love to eat mine on those bagel thins toasted lightly. So good and tastes like fall!!


I hope you try some of these yummy fall recipes before Winter sneaks up on us!

1 comments:

The Café Sucré Farine said...

Hello LaRae, I just discovered your blog and love it! Thanks for sharing all these great ideas! I'm signing up for your email subscription so I don't miss any of your fun posts, thanks - Chris

Post a Comment